Represent large financial institutions, life insurance companies, and private lenders in his commercial real estate financing practice in making loans secured by commercial or multifamily real estate for all character property (e.g. industrial, retail and hotel/motel, up to $125,000,000 in a single transaction).
Represent lenders originating Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac multifamily loans.
Represent lenders in foreclosure, receiverships, bankruptcy and other collection actions.
Represent private investors in purchase or sale of undeveloped property and developed property of all character (e.g. industrial, multifamily, retail and hotel/motel).
Represent lenders in loan portfolio sales.
Represent private investors in note purchases.
Represent sellers and buyers of businesses.
Represent national tenants in lease negotiations.
Represent shopping center and other property owners in all matters lease related.
Gordon Gerson has been part of large, midsize and small firms. He has been a partner at Sullivan, Delafield, McDonald & McGrath, partner at Lorber, Grady, Farley & Volk, and partner at Grady, Farley & Gerson.
Professional Awards and Honors:
- The Best Lawyers in America (2008 to 2017)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2007 to 2017)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Freddie Mac Power of Attorney Award (2015)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- California Receivership Forum
- California State Bar Real Property Section
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- San Diego Receiver’s Forum (past President)
- Board of Visitors of University of San Diego School of Law (Member)
- San Diego Bowl Game Association Red Coats (Holiday Bowl and Poinsettia Bowl) (past Member)
- M. Larry Lawrence San Diego Jewish Community Center (past President)
- San Diego City Public Facilities Financing Authority (past Member)
- Casa Cornelia Legal Services (past Board Member)
- University of California, Berkeley, BA (Honors)
- University of San Diego, School of Law, JD
- Frequent lecturer and writer on legal issues.
- San Diego native.
- Competitive tri-athlete wannabe.