Gordon L. Gerson
- LOVES THE TEAM WHERE HE WORKS!
Gordon L. Gerson emphasizes real estate and business transactions, real estate financing, and loan recovery in his practice.
- Represents large financial institutions, life insurance companies, and private lenders in his commercial real estate financing practice in making loans secured by commercial or multifamily real estate for all character property (e.g. industrial, retail, and hotel/motel, up to $125,000,000 in a single transaction).
- Represents lenders originating Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac multifamily loans.
- Represents lenders in foreclosure, receiverships, bankruptcy, and other collection actions.
- Represents private investors in purchase or sale of undeveloped property and developed property of all character (e.g. industrial, multifamily, retail, and hotel/motel).
- Represents lenders in loan portfolio sales.
- Represents private investors in note purchases.
- Represents sellers and buyers of businesses.
- Represents national tenants in lease negotiations.
- Represents shopping center and other property owners in all matters lease-related.
- Gordon L. Gerson has been part of large, midsize, and small firms. He has been a partner at Sullivan, Delafield, McDonald & McGrath, partner at Lorber, Grady, Farley & Volk, and partner at Grady, Farley & Gerson.
Professional Awards and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America (2008 to 2022)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2007 to 2022)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Freddie Mac Power of Attorney Award (2015)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- California Receivership Forum
- California State Bar Real Property Section
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- San Diego Receiver’s Forum (past President)
- Board of Visitors of University of San Diego School of Law (Member)
- San Diego Bowl Game Association Red Coats (Holiday Bowl) (past Member)
- M. Larry Lawrence San Diego Jewish Community Center (past President)
- San Diego City Public Facilities Financing Authority (past Member)
- Casa Cornelia Legal Services (past Board Member)
- University of California, Berkeley, BA (Honors)
- University of San Diego, School of Law, JD
- Frequent lecturer and writer on legal issues
- Deeply committed to tri-athlete sports
- San Diego native